When Your Ex Violates Custody Agreement

If you are dealing with custody issues, it is important to seek help. You don`t necessarily need to hire a lawyer; In fact, you might find it surprisingly expensive to do so. Instead, you can see more affordable options to help in your detention situation. Contact us under National Family Solutions to find out how we can help. In many cases, in these situations, detention orders are changed. For example, the judge might determine that you should be “made up” to compensate for the time you could have spent with your children. The family judge may decide to amend the court order to give you continually more time with your children, or he or she may decide that your ex should not have custody of the children at all. If you and your ex-spouse have separated for the first time, you may have gone through the justice system to deal with child custody issues. When this happened, you may have generally been satisfied with the custody contract.

Perhaps you have, for example, obtained shared custody of your children, or you have received a lot of visits. Depending on the severity of your situation, for example. B in situations where this is a repeated offence, you may be entitled to extra time with your child as compensation. In some cases, you may obtain a modified court order to alleviate existing problems. Any change in the court order varies from case to case and is exclusively a matter for the court and/or the judge. The most important considerations are what is in your child`s best interest, and what is right if the seriousness of custody of the child weighs. The extent and nature of the breach of the injunction may also affect the continuation of the courts` actions. For example, the courts might be more lenient for someone who has arrived once or twice late for a child drop or pickup than someone who refuses to comply with the custody order. Consequently, a court order (as described in your child custody contract) is against the law. So if your ex continues to violate the agreement, you can ask that they be found in defiance of the court. You can file this application with the district offices and the court will act from there.

If your ex is constantly violating your child`s care, don`t let the situation persist until it becomes a major problem. Contact a child care lawyer today and arrange a consultation to determine the best way for you to proceed. If your ex does not allow you to see your children, or if you are in some way violating the custody order that is in effect, you can apply for your case to be tried. If you take this step, a number of things can happen. The actions the court will take will depend on certain factors. If your ex has generally followed the custody order so far, this may help your ex`s case. Exploits any indeterminacy in the child`s custody order to save more time with the child. For example, your custody contract may have established that your ex must pick up and drop off your children. If you sometimes arrive late, it is probably not something for which you have to take legal action. However, if your ex picks up or drops off your child very late, you may need to take some kind of action.

It can be a stressful experience if your ex refuses to follow custody orders. If you have custody of the child, you have the right to make decisions for your child and you are the legal guardian. This also gives you certain rights that you can use if your ex doesn`t follow the commands. Don`t talk badly about your children`s mother before they do. You can request intermediation services from your local Family Services Office. You will step in and your ex and sit down to solve the problems between you, so that you can find a solution that works for you as well as for your children.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by neil. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.